Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Morning Sunrise

 yawwwwn... Oh boy... well, up at 4am ish.... geez. 4 hrs sleep isn't going to last me all day is it? Hope so!... and at 6 am...the sky just started to 'pink' up a bit with the golden glory about to grace the morning even though it was raining....
So I scooted upstairs (gets me above the power lines running along the road in front of my house)... opened up the door and proceeded to take like 40 shots or more over the next 6 minutes.
I didn't do much to 'tweak' this shot...it came out all red all by itself...I had to cool it down a tad to get the purple back in it. And, its crazy what the camera see's too, as this sky, to me, was a bit peach where the sun was and the rest was a hazy blue/grey...not all that outstanding.
Must have been the rain changing the light or something? The camera saw it the same as me, but took it in this vibrant display of showmanship.
Man, I'm glad I was up to take this!....
Now, gotta get up at 2 am for the meteor shower in the next few mornings!
Set the tripod, and see what happens?!
 

3 comments:

John Mielke Photography said...

Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Melissa Weisbard said...

Beautiful! I love photographing the sunrise and sunset. Sometimes it can't produce the most spectacular colors!

Melissa Weisbard said...

I meant it "can" produce...