Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Railway Museum, Smiths Falls

Ghost hunting is a hobby of mine, and together with a dedicated group of friends, we've been doing this for over two years now.
Recently we had the permission to 'hunt' 3 sites in Smiths Falls on the nights of Aug 15, 16-08.
In going thru the Railway Museum, and doing the things we do, I pattered off during a break to take a few long exposure shots.
The lights set on the platform were really pretty and I like night shots anyways, so decided to get a few.
Shane, a new member, was wondering what I was doing, and wandered over. So I enlisted his help for an idea I had.
So many times, ghostly images show up in pictures and they are relatively explainable depending on the circumstances of the taking at the time.

This time, I wanted to show how easy it is to 'make your own ghost' picture. With Shane's help, and a 15 second exposure (he stood still for 5 seconds, then slowly walked straight towards me), I was happy with the final result, and was zooming in to show Shane what it looked like...when we found that there was more to the image than I had planned.
Beside him, is the shape of another person, either facing me or facing sideways towards him, I'm not sure which. I know that Shane never stepped sideways while I took it. He came straight down the platform towards me....so where did that come from?
I've included a closer view as well.
Would love to hear other comments from photographers with logical arguments as to how that occured?
Remember, only Shane on the platform and he didn't step to the side. I wish someone else had been there with us too, to prove it with a video camera or something....sigh.
But oh boy we had fun!
Heritage House and Davidson Court the next night both proved to be quite enlightening as well.

No comments: