Friday, August 1, 2008

Falls in Almonte, with OUT water!

You may remember (or you can go back thru) my pictures of these falls overflowing with water, both in winter (frozen in time some days) and in spring (bursting the banks with a kazillion tons of water flowing down them)..... and now, in summer, even though we've had a wet year, they are virtually dry.
I'm guessing the tiny amount that flows down this great space is down to 1% of other high times, and that doesn't come over the falls barrier, but sneaks thru the rocks layers and finds a way down.
I found this big flat, yet layered place irresistable, and climbed down and all over, taking shot after shot in the failing light of a Saturday night last week.
Lindsay was with me again, and I've got some pic's to give her too.
Needless to say, I'll be back very soon to take some more. With better shoe's on too, and maybe a friend to help climb down deep to the bottom. LOL and before I forget, so you can see the perspective of how big those rocks are.... there's a white patch with black below it sprouting from a pair of legs, upper, left side, near the green tree's. That's a teenager with some friends standing there.
 

No comments: