Sunday, March 2, 2008

When Darkness Falls ....


This view is completely boring and uninteresting during any other time of the day, but at night, it holds me, gazing down the straight road, to the ever so gentle glow at the other end, town lights thru the gap in the trees that the road provides.

This was taken on Thursday night (-24C plus wind chill) and was brutal to get, as everything I owned was freezing and I'm waiting for the camera to finish it's job so I can go home!!!

30 seconds to take the pic, and the road is abt 5 km to the first rise. A car popped over the rise half way thru the shot, and it looks like the sun rising instead! I got a few other pic's too that night but it was seriously too cold to stay very long. And waiting for the car to go by, took a few minutes so I could retake the shot.

Quickly, decided I needed home, and warmth, so will be back. I just couldn't resist the crispness of a freezing cold night for photo's!

No comments: