Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ooooooo.....a spider?? !!


Alrighty, pls ignore the backround of the image...this was taken in the basement of my house. We heat with wood, and bringing in wood, we tend to have spiders too, coming out of that wood.
This almost invisible gem was suspended, probably deciding where to go next.
Oh boy, I happen to have the camera handy, so flip it open and managed to snap this shot off. The flash was used and believe me, it was a huge pain to get this tiny spider in focus....several outtakes to get this one. The focus caught, and then the flash blew it, but only on the spider.
But in looking at it, the spider looks like its made of sunlight, gossamer fine, and suspended by nothing....although it's silk indeed holds it securely.
I was fascinated by this, so decided to share it out there too. Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

stewart reid said...

Oh wow what a shot.
now as you say it looks like the spider is flying.
what more can I say but fantastic shot.
love your work you have the eye.
keep up the good work Jennifer.
Stewart (Aussie) Reid