Monday, May 26, 2008

Mother Goose, at Home in her Element


On my way to an early start at a course just outside Carleton Place this Saturday morning, and I come across our annual 'neighbours' who spend some time next door thru the summer. With seasonal folks, you never know when they are going to arrive or when they are going to leave again.
These ones already have thier little family up and about. I think I counted 9 little fuzzy heads in that downy pile up,and they can't be more than a few days old yet.
Not sure who's who (mom/dad) but one is there on the right, the other parent is in the water on the left.
I've startled them and they are heading back up the creek to the pond abt 75 ft away. Course, they also have to climb the beaver damn there too, but I'm sure they'll manage.

No comments: