Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Road not Taken.....Normally that is!




Alrighty, today on the way home, I came around a corner, to find a lovely big spruce tree across the road at the bottom of the hill I was about to begin descending!! I stopped in good time...took a moment to consider if I wanted to try to move it myself and decided to go round...it did look rather big. So, backed up and drove down to the 4th line and all the way back up the Old Perth, to my place, just between the 6th and 7th Concessions. Tree was down on the 6th.


I rode this route, the opposite way, every day for school all of my life, and always noticed this little creek. It only runs in the spring, heavy with water, and bouncing down over things all the way. I even saw otters playing there one spring, sliding down the snow covered slope and flipping off the snow bank, as the water babbled underneath! That would have been cute to capture a pic of that! But alas...not that day.


Now, we have had something like 4 or 5 days of almost 10 degrees Celcius this week already. Qualifies for the "January Thaw"...and I'm taking a 'wild guess' that it's the cause of this little creek rushing like mad at this time of year. I stopped and pulled over. Camera in my bag, but no tripod....(coming back tomorrow with tripod in tow, wanna play with the timer, and see if I can get that water moshy look, I'll let ya know)

Took a handful of pics, but I was tired, hungry, and several other things too, and just wanted to get home, so off I went.

I tell ya, if that tree hadn't been across the road, I'd not have gone the long long way home, or even though of looking for this creek at this time of year. And, yes, I did call the township when I got home and told them about the tree so they could take care of it, which they did.

No comments: