Saturday, March 14, 2009

Moon Rise Friday the 13th of March 2009


Whoever said the 13th on a Friday was unlucky, needs to have his/her cards read! lol
This, believe it or not, is the moon rising, taken at 10:10PM on that day. The moon is no longer full, but the tiny amount of clouds allowed for a pillar to rise up from the glow of the orb. I've seen sun pillar's, but not often one from the moon.
Caught it in silouette of the tree's too.
30 sec time to take, on a tripod(are you mad? I can't hold that steady for that long!), taken from my upstairs window (which gets me above the power lines along the road)
lol
I just love it! Hope you do too.
and yes...night photography, continues to fascinate me!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa Weisbard said...

Great photo. Very interesting.

I don't buy into all of that Friday the 13th superstition. I don't believe in superstition. It is just a waste of time.